Eric and I met way back in 2002 (sheesh I'm old) and who would have guessed that 8(holy cow!) years later we would now have a kid and will be celebrating 3 years of marriage? Admittedly I knew he was the man I would marry, but don't we all think that about our spouses? Keep your answers to yourself.
Anywho, back to the title.
Our wedding song was "My Best Friend" by no other than the lovely and talented Tim McGraw.
I never had no one
I could count on
I’ve been let down so many times
I was tired of hurtin’
So tired of searchin’
’til you walked into my life
It was a feelin’
I’d never known
And for the first time
I didn’t feel alone
You’re more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
I don’t know where I’d be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You’re my best friend
You’re my best friend, oh yeah
You stand by me
And you believe in me
Like nobody ever has
When my world goes crazy
You’re right there to save me
You make me see how much I have
And I still tremble
When we touch
And oh the look in your eyes
When we make love
You’re more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
And I don’t know where I’d be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You’re my best friend
You’re my best friend
You’re more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
And I don’t know where I’d be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You’re my best friend
You’re my best friend (my best friend)
You’re my best friend (my best friend)
This song, I feel speaks to everything I ever wanted in a husband. A best friend, someone who you can share everything. Someone you can count on. Someone...OK so the lyrics pretty much speak for themselves. Every word is exactly what I found in Eric. He is without a doubt my best friend. He makes me laugh even when I'm in the worst of moods and always brightens my day. He sees me for the real me and still loves me. He may be a little goofy, but we all need goofy in our lives.
We actually picked this song out long before we were engaged or truly thinking about being engaged. We were driving out to Seneca Lake for the weekend, I don't remember for what...probably memorial day, or 4th of July. Tim McGraw's greatest hits was in the player and this song came on. Not that I remember the exact words that were exchanged, but I remember telling Eric that I wanted this to be our song at our wedding. I'm sure in his head he was thinking "WHAT?!?! this girl is talking about marriage already???" ha ha But he agreed and said it was the perfect song. So, then we started the song over and listened to it in complete silence, holding hands. Also, if I'm not mistaken...I believe Cindy remembers us telling her that that was going to be our wedding song that night when we arrived. Am I right Cindy????
The rest is history! We were married on September 15, 2007 and after we were introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Molyneaux, that is the song that we danced to.
I love reminiscing. So, babe...if you're reading this and didn't already know. I'm so glad that I met and married my best friend for life. I love you.




Ohh... I love that song! And most other Tim McGraw songs!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a beautiful wedding and the perfect song!
This is a perfect song! I love the story about riding in the car. You are a beutiful couple.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the nice comments! YES, tons of snow in WV... winter is a scary time there!
ReplyDeleteYour wedding song makes me cry everytime i hear it! the lyrics are just the best :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos, too!
I love this song too! Tim McGraw just has the perfect way of saying exactly what people are thinking.
ReplyDeleteAnd your dress is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!