So, I had an INCREDIBLE Mother's Day...thanks to my darling husband and son :) We woke up...went to breakfast at Bob Evans, followed by a morning of shopping for mama to "spoil" herself. But..we all know that when you go shopping and actually plan on spending money...you have NO LUCK! I had some..but not as much as I had hoped for. Needless to say...I ended up ordering some stuff online :) Then we had the families over for dinner. I made lasagna...and if I do say so myself it was YUM-O! I hope all of you mother's out there had a great day as well! I took this at Bob Evans...he started getting fussy so he sat with Dad, while I finished up my food :)
I know, I know your not supposed to wake a sleeping baby...but as a working mom, I need my sleep too. That sounds incredibly selfish, but it is what it is. Don't judge. Regardless of me saying I need the sleep, I never get it....but I'm not at all complaining. I love my little man to death...regardless of if I'm sleep deprived or not :) He ate, then it was BATH TIME! He loved it...he splashed and kicked. It was awesome to watch how free he was. Almost brought a tear to my eye...poor fella has had casts on since he was 1 day old and here we are 15 weeks later and he's FINALLY getting a "real" bath. Here he's hanging with dad...after he's eaten. Its so great seeing him with nothing on his feet and legs. He can have the brace off for 1 hour each day. So, we took them off for his bath then we played with him for a bit before bed.
Well, I though since he did such an awesome job with the shots that he would be set for the night. I moved his legs as much as I could thinking it would help ease the pain and gave him Tylenol like the nurse told me. He went down at 8:30, no problems. Around 9:30 he woke up crying..went in, gave him his pacifier all was well....for about 30 minutes. This routine continued ALL NIGHT LONG. Around midnight I ended up pulling out the pack and play and setting it up in our room thinking this would help. Nope, still every half hour he was crying...put the pacifier in and he'd settle, for thirty minutes at least. So, around 6:15 Eric got up with him to feed and the poor fella would just cry as he was eating. It was pitiful :( But...off to Grandmas we went...we had a pleasant ride over there, no crying, wide awake. Hopefully tonight will be better. I'm running on about 2 hours of solid sleep and surprisingly running good :)



No comments:
Post a Comment