Friday, April 23, 2010

to give, or not to give...that is the question

So, here lately Noah has gotten off his routine a bit...and being new at this whole mom thing has be a little flustered. He used to eat 6ounces every 4 hours...like clock work and take wonderful 2 hours naps AND sleep thru the night. And when I say sleep thru the night, I mean eating at 7:30-8, bed by 9...waking up at 7 :) Sadly...I believe I got a little spoiled by those two wonderful weeks. He now takes 7 ounces...every 3-4 hours depending on his mood and wakes up periodically thru his naps and at night. I'm trying to keep in mind that he DID just have his heel cut and he's probably in a little discomfort, but would that really make him eat more? So...I've been thinking about putting cereal in his bottle. I realize that's a LONG time for a child to sleep at night, but hey..he weights 12 pounds, hes NOT starving. You read so much about this stuff and some people so heck yeah go for it and others talk about it like it will kill your kid. What's a mother to do?

My decision...I'm buying some cereal this weekend and will try it in a bottle and see what happens! I know he's too young for solids, but if he's hungry I'm feeding him!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're discovering some of the battles of the "Mommy Wars!" I tell ya... between the Breastfeeding Nazis, the No-Solids-Until-6-Months Hounds, and the You've-Gone-Back-to-Work?! I-Thought-You-Loved-Your-Baby?! Monsters... the ONE thing you'll NEVER be short on is OPINIONS! But really, that's all they are. Some will cite research up the wazoo... but then you can go online & find totally CONTRADICTING research.

    Ultimately it's between you, hubby, baby & Pediatrician. You have to do what works best for YOU! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I ended up just giving him 8 oz at each feeding. So, I'm hoping that satisfies him till we see his ped. at his 4 month check up. Which I'm sure he'll tell me..if he's hungry, feed him :) He's already a chuncky little thing...! haha

    ReplyDelete