We had a rather chaotic Christmas, but it was still awesome. Noah and I had a rather chaotic week to tell you the truth. I was off work Wednesday and Thursday, we were closed Friday for Christmas eve. So, Wednesday we (my mom, dad, Noah , and my self) took a drive up to the mountains to visit some family. A very long over due trip, I must say. My aunt Kathy cooked us lunch(which...was freaking AMAZING. It's unbelievable how home grown foods can make a difference!) and we visited for a while with them, saw my cousins new house and we also stopped by my granny's grave to put some flowers on it. It's hard not having her around, especially now that Noah is here. I know she would be over the moon with him. OK, no sappy stuff.
So then Thursday Noah and I had some running around to do, which...was a BAD mistake on my part. Trying to do any type of running around during the holiday season is just out of the question. Needless to say we left the house around 9 am and didn't get home till 3:30 PM. End of story, nothing good to tell there.
Except, we did pick up these beautiful Christmas gifts that Noah made for his great grandparents.
I was very proud of these stockings because I got them ON SALE at Pottery Barn Kids for $9.99. Beat that!
Granny and Papa Lawson got Noah this horse, who still doesn't have a name. Noah loves him, he rocks and bounces! He also makes noises and plays a song...but we don't turn that on too often. Trying to keep my sanity here people.
Grandma and Grandpap Molyneaux got Noah this push car! Let it be known that we are NOT Jimmie Johnson fans...but since it came from Lowe's, that's what you get. Noah loves to be pushed around and playing with steering wheels, so its perfect!
Great-grandma and grandpap got Noah the dance star Mickey. It was listed as one of the top 10 Christmas toys of 2010. He sings, dances..does the moon walk. Pretty darn impressive.
As I said earlier, Santa brought Noah ONE toy and awesomely, fashionably, cool clothes. I mean Santa has great style when it comes to clothes. Duh. He also got some bath toys, that were in his stocking.
He LOVED opening gifts. He truly just liked ripping the paper and could careless what is actually underneath it. He would unwrap something, then play with the paper. Still the cutest thing ever. He would squeal as he ripped it. Sadly, I don't know if I got ANY of that squealing cuteness on video.
Chaotic? Yes. Tiring? Yes. And I wouldn't have it any other way! Next year will be twice the fun because Noah will almost be 2, so he might understand Santa and gifts a little better.
Which means...his birthday is less than a month away! Ah! If anyone asks me what to get him...it most definitely WILL NOT be toys. Just a hint to any family members reading this :)










No comments:
Post a Comment