Friday, February 4, 2011

Change is coming...

I've been working for my current company for 5 years.  It's been a very exiting, stressful, long, but learning experience.  The first few years were great, then the recession hit and things went down hill from there.  Some of you may or may not know about situation.  But to make an insanely long story short, I was unhappy.  Severely, unhappy.

I finally decided putting myself out there looking for a change.  Something I'd love doing, love who I worked for, love my co-workers...you know the whole package.  Let's be honest here though, there are VERY FEW people that absolutely LOVE every aspect of their job.  I know that it would be near impossible for me to find ALL of those aspects in a job.

But I did have something fall in my lap, that seemed like a wonderful opportunity.  A husband and wife owned company, Eric sells to them, very reputable, takes care of their employees, and are obviously very successful.  So, I took my chance and went in for an interview.  Interview was fantastic, until the part where he told me he was interview 7 people total.  Let's just say that I pretty much didn't eat or sleep very well for a week.  I finally got the call back that I was his #1 choice...whoo-hoo! Time to be excited!  Eh, not so much.  There's still telling my current boss(you know the one I've been with fir 5 years) that I was soon to be leaving.

Well, today was that day.  And it went far better than I could have possibly ever imagined.  He told me that he had mentally prepared himself for this day and was truly happy for me.  If you didn't already know, I drive an hour to and from work.  So, the days that I pick up Noah I don't get home till around 6:30.  That's a LONG day for anyone to have and its not fun...at all.  So, he totally understood where I was coming from.  Its all about what is best for your family.  Period.

Starting February 21st, I will be starting a new job and I will admit I'm a little nervous.  Any type of change I'm not a huge fan of anyway, but this is something I had to do...for my happiness and my family's sanity :)  After all a HAPPY WIFE = HAPPY LIFE  ha ha  I must say though, that I have a wonderful support system around me that has stood by me no matter what.  Listening to me moan and cry about how miserable I am and then lending advice when needed.  We all need that type of support around us to assure us that we are making the right decision.  I slept pretty darn good last night, which assures me...the RIGHT decision was made.

So, here's to change...its not always a bad thing!!(most of the time, ha ha)

4 comments:

  1. Leah, Congratulations on the change! I hope you will be able to relax a bit more on the weekdays and spend more time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! i can only imagine how excited you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm sure you'll enjoy those extra 2 hours in your day with Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies :) I am over the moon with this new adventure ahead of me. Even though it was a cut in salary, so there will be some re-budgeting going on...but hey, happiness is worht something!!!

    ReplyDelete